ADSM-L

TOP for Exchange Backup Policy

2003-05-20 01:40:28
Subject: TOP for Exchange Backup Policy
From: "Rane, Yashwant" <Yrane AT KOCKW DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 08:39:52 +0300
Hi All,

We have implemented the TDP for exchange (24 X 7 environment). TSM backup
policy set to 90 days.
But Management wants to retain monthly backups permanently.

In this case backup set and archives can not be used as it does not support TDP
for exchange. Other solution is to use two node names for TDP backup. Use one
node name for daily backup and other node name for monthly backup.

My question is whether these two node names will be counted as two license in
use?
What is the general practice followed to retain monthly backups permanently.

Regards
Rane