ADSM-L

Re: Dual site configuration

2003-05-19 04:20:39
Subject: Re: Dual site configuration
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 20:34:03 +0300
--> the 2 sites are connected with a small (1mbps or so) link.

Then you have no other option than move data by moving tapes.
The approach would be similar to creating active/active cluster with
manual balancing of the load:
- create two TSM server instances on each site. First instance will be
local production and the second will be remote recovery one.
- make ordinary off-site DBSnapshots and restore them each day on the
other site's second instance. Move copypool volumes accordingly.

Let name sites A and B. Let instances be A1 and A2 on first site and B1,
B2 on second site. Restore DB snapshot from A1 to B2 and checkin A1's
copypool volumes. You have successfully recreated A1 onto B2. Systems in
site B use B1 for backups. Would you recover B1 onto A2 is up to your
policy.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
15.05.2003 14:26