ADSM-L

Re: output webadmin gui ~ \ TSM 5.1.6.3

2003-05-16 05:05:00
Subject: Re: output webadmin gui ~ \ TSM 5.1.6.3
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:04:30 +0200
On Fri, 16 May 2003 07:30:32 +0200
"kurt.beyers AT pandora DOT be" <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently on a TSM server 5.1.6.3 (AIX 5.1 32 bit) and TSM clients
> 5.1.5.15 (AIX 5.1 32 bit and Windows 2000).
>
> The output of 'query process' during eg a migration in the web admin gui
> still has the symbols ~ and  \ in the output of the volumes (and also the
> number of bytes if I'm not mistaken) like in this example (copy/pasted
> from a post of Joni Moyer):
>
> Here is what I see on 5.1.6.3 GUI:
> Process Process Description  Status
>
>   Number
> -------- --------------------
>      343 Backup Storage Pool  Primary Pool TAPESUN, Copy Pool DRCOPYSUN,
> Files
>                                Backed Up: 551, Bytes Backed Up:
> 19,253,439,867,
>                                Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0.
>
>                                Current Physical File (bytes):
> 26,226,159~Curre-
>                                ent input volume: 473256.~Current output
> volume:
>                                 473234./
>

> Is this issue already solved in eg TSM 5.1.6.4 (the only higher version
> available of the TSM server). Or is there another solution / workaround?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Kurt

I'm currently running 5.1.6.5 on my testserver, and still....

Look at it from the upside, the ~ in some cmd type client schedules also
remains a ~, It used to be translated to a newline in previous versions of
the server ;-)
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams