ADSM-L

Re: Summary Database missing data

2003-05-16 00:49:19
Subject: Re: Summary Database missing data
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 00:41:33 -0400
altough your clients will still work no matter what server sub level ur
under.

--Justin Richard Bleistein
Unix/TSM Systems Administrator (Sungard eSourcing)
Desk: (856) 566 - 3485
Cell:    (856) 912 - 0861
Email: justin.bleistein AT sungard DOT com

                      Justin Bleistein
                                               To:      "ADSM: Dist Stor
Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
                      05/16/2003 12:40         cc:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      AM                       Subject: Re: Summary Database
missing data(Document link: Justin Bleistein)

I would make sure the clients levels and consistent with the server
absolutely..

--Justin Richard Bleistein
Unix/TSM Systems Administrator (Sungard eSourcing)
Desk: (856) 566 - 3485
Cell:    (856) 912 - 0861
Email: justin.bleistein AT sungard DOT com

                      Neilson Lui
                      <nclui AT BPI.COM DOT PH        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Summary Database
missing data
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      05/16/2003 12:07
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

when we upgrade to 5.1.6, do we need to upgrade the clients all at the same
time ?

                    Justin Bleistein
                    <justin.bleistein@SU        To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    NGARD.COM>                  cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist        Subject:     Re: Summary
Database missing data
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT ED

                    05/15/2003 11:25 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

alot of those problems are apparently fixed on client version 5.1.6 also
there's problems like this if your backing up a 5 client to a 4 server or
vice versa, thanks!.

--Justin Richard Bleistein
Unix/TSM Systems Administrator (Sungard eSourcing)
Desk: (856) 566 - 3485
Cell:    (856) 912 - 0861
Email: justin.bleistein AT sungard DOT com

                      Neilson Lui
                      <nclui AT BPI.COM DOT PH        To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Summary Database
missing data
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      05/14/2003 09:15
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

I'm using TSM version 5.1.5 on a Win2K platform. When i do a select from
the summary databases there are some data that are missing like the
schedule name.
START_TIME: 2003-04-15 03:00:07.000000
     END_TIME: 2003-04-15 03:30:49.000000
     ACTIVITY: BACKUP
       NUMBER: 483
       ENTITY: OPXFS_AS
     COMMMETH: Tcp/Ip
      ADDRESS: 133.100.201.174:2852
SCHEDULE_NAME:                        <<<<<<<<missing
     EXAMINED: 27830
     AFFECTED: 27830
       FAILED: 0
        BYTES: 0
         IDLE: 3673
       MEDIAW: 0
    PROCESSES: 1
   SUCCESSFUL: YES
  VOLUME_NAME:                        <<<<<<missing
   DRIVE_NAME:                        <<<<<<missing
 LIBRARY_NAME:                       <<<<<<<<missing
     LAST_USE:
    COMM_WAIT: