ADSM-L

Re: How to quickly determine the descriptions of archives?

2003-05-15 20:26:37
Subject: Re: How to quickly determine the descriptions of archives?
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 19:25:18 -0500
Do you use the "distinct" option...?  That might help speed things up a
bit...

      select distinct description from archives where node_name='blah'

Dwight

                      "Brazner, Bob"
                      <Bob.Brazner@JCI.        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  How to quickly
determine the descriptions of archives?
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      05/15/2003 06:18
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

How can I  *quickly* determine the descriptions of archives using the CLI?
I know the gui can do it quickly, but I'm forced to using the CLI as the
archives were taken under Netware.  I find doing an SQL query against the
ARCHIVES table takes forever.

Bob Brazner
Johnson Controls, Inc.
(414) 524-2570