ADSM-L

Re: architectural limit on the TSM database and performance?

2003-05-15 08:02:19
Subject: Re: architectural limit on the TSM database and performance?
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 07:25:45 -5
On 14 May 2003 at 16:05, Joshua Bassi wrote:

>  I have
> seen issues with DB growing past 80GB, but then again I have other
> large TSM customers whose DB is at 160GB (p690 LPAR) with no problems
> whatsoever.  It is very "platform dependent."  The greater the
> capabilities of the host operating system the greater scalability of a
> single TSM instance.

Exactly . . .

We have a 80gb db and were pushing the limits because it was taking
90 min to backup - too long for our backup window.  Other than that
it was fine.  We just upgraded our TSM's server and disk subsystem -
What a differences, backups now run in 30-45 min.

Rick

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.