ADSM-L

Re: TSM For Mail V5.1.5, can't restore V1.1 Exchange Server backup

2003-05-15 07:50:12
Subject: Re: TSM For Mail V5.1.5, can't restore V1.1 Exchange Server backup
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 07:50:58 -0400
Tony,

As Mark mentioned, V1 should still exist on your machine.
(If not, you can re-install it. Both versions will co-exist.)
Use Version 1 to restore your Version 1 backups.

This was done because Version 2 and higher utilizes
full TSM policy management. You should check this closely
because you will want to set up different policy
group settings for your Version 2 and higher backups.

This is documented in the README and the User's Guide.

Thanks,

Del