ADSM-L

Re: Trace facility documentation

2003-05-15 07:08:35
Subject: Re: Trace facility documentation
From: Gianluca Mariani1 <gianluca_mariani AT IT.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 13:07:48 +0200
the instr_client_detail trace is not available any longer from 5.1.5.
trace facility guides are not published any more.
the new flags are intended for use only at the direction of IBM support or
development.
not what you wanted to hear, I know....
mi dispiace.

Cordiali saluti
Gianluca Mariani
Tivoli TSM Global Response Team, Roma
Via Sciangai 53, Roma
 phones : +39(0)659664598
                   +393351270554 (mobile)
gianluca_mariani AT it.ibm DOT com

The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy says  of the Sirius Cybernetics
Corporation product that "it is very easy to be blinded to the essential
uselessness of  them by the sense of achievement you get from getting them
to work at all. In other words ? and this is the rock solid principle  on
which the  whole  of the Corporation's Galaxy-wide success is founded
-their fundamental design flaws are  completely  hidden  by  their
superficial design flaws"...

             "Baines, Paul"
             <paul.baines@EC
             B.INT>                                                     To
             Sent by: "ADSM:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
bcc
             ST.EDU>
                                                                   Subject
                                    Re: Trace facility documentation
             15/05/2003
             09.38

             Please respond
             to "ADSM: Dist
              Stor Manager"

This flag works fine for me on AIX TSM 5.1. Are you using the windows
scheduler? This is a different .exe file that doesn't (at least didn't)
have
the trace facility included, only dsmc has (had) it in windows.