ADSM-L

select statement and tape update command

2003-05-14 16:40:13
Subject: select statement and tape update command
From: RAMNAWAZ NAVEEN <naveen.nr AT SBM.INTNET DOT MU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:51:13 +0400
Hi,
I want to write a script which will list the volume to which backup was done
on a specific day for an specific stgpool, check it out and make the volume
access status=unavailable.

Currently I have to do it into three steps:

1.0     select volume_name,stgpool_name from volumes where
date(last_write_date)=current DATE and stgpool_name='BACKUP_POOL'
                (Assume Output is 488acu)

2.0     Checkout libvolume tapelib 488acu

3.0     update volume 488acu access=unavailable

Can anyone help so that I do not have to specify the volume ID for the
checkout operation and volume update; but using the output directly from the
above select statement.

Thanks