ADSM-L

Re: LAN and SAN backups. Don't expect that you can restore your b ackups if you have a mixed LAN/SAN environment.

2003-05-14 02:36:30
Subject: Re: LAN and SAN backups. Don't expect that you can restore your b ackups if you have a mixed LAN/SAN environment.
From: "Norback, Jan" <Jan.Norback AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:13:50 +0200
Del,
I have tried IBM Support. Our local IBM TSM support is usually very good but
it looks like he got to a brick wall at the IBM Lab. Below is part of the
final answer after having made a number of iterations (Dutch PMR 04903):

-'Conclusion, you might disagree with the way TSM works, but I will say that
you better contact your IBM/Tivoli representive to have him/her open a
Design Enhancement Request or a Design Change Request. I have already been
in contact this the Lab and they stated that this is not a bug.
The point is that to be able to restore from both LAN and SAN, TSM needs a
multisession restore, and that is apparently only possible by using the "no
query restore". Thus it seem that the workaround is either to migrate file
to tape first, or to use a NQR. '

Regards,
Jan