ADSM-L

Re: new TSM Client Pricing [PMX:#]

2003-05-13 13:59:40
Subject: Re: new TSM Client Pricing [PMX:#]
From: "Levinson, Donald A." <dlevinso AT ACSALASKA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:59:07 -0800
I really wish IBM/Tivoli would post a list of the license part#'s with a
description of each so we could perform sanity checking on our VAR's.
Three different VAR's (Dell, Solutions II, and Computer Configuration
Services) have told me that for LAN based backup there is only one license
part number (D5127LL) that is a per processor license and is the same for
TSM client use or TSM server use.

(this is referring to TSM client and TSM server only and disregards Data
Protection and SAN clients)