ADSM-L

Re: TSM Client on Netware 6 SP3

2003-05-13 12:27:52
Subject: Re: TSM Client on Netware 6 SP3
From: "Kamp, Bruce" <bkamp AT MHS DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 12:27:28 -0400
Thanks!!!!
That did it!

--------------------------------------
Bruce Kamp
Midrange Systems Analyst II
Memorial Healthcare System
E: bkamp AT mhs DOT net
P: (954) 987-2020 x4597
F: (954) 985-1404
---------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Zufelt [mailto:mzufelt AT SUU DOT EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 10:34 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

The problem is that TSM depends on the netdb module, but will not auto-load
it if not present.  In the past, other modules automatically loaded the
netdb module, so it was already loaded.  With SP3, Novell modules no longer
have the same netdb dependencies, so it generally doesn't get loaded
anymore.  The Tivoli dsmcad module DOES require netdb, but as I stated will
not load it automatically if not present.  It appears that it just assumes
it will be there, since it has been in the past.  The result is the
"unresolved" error message that you're seeing.  Unless IBM fixes the dsmcad
module to load netdb if not already loaded, you will need to load it
manually before loading dsmcad.  In my autoexec.ncf, I use the following
three lines:

search add sys:tivoli\tsm\client\ba
netdb
dsmcad

Matt Zufelt
Southern Utah University

>>> bkamp AT MHS DOT NET 05/13/03 08:00AM >>>
Has anybody tried to running the 5.1.5.15 client on a Netware 6 SP3 node?
One of my nodes was upgraded from Netware 6 SP2 to SP3 last night.  Now when
we try to load dsmcad it says unresolved on the console.  The TSA600.nlm is
loaded & sys:tivoli\tsm\client\ba is added to the search path.  I also get
the same error when I try to load dsmc.
I am running TSM 5.1.1.6 on AIX 4.3.3.

Thanks,
Bruce Kamp
Midrange Systems Analyst II
Memorial Healthcare System
E: bkamp AT mhs DOT net <mailto:bkamp AT mhs DOT net>
P: (954) 987-2020 x4597
F: (954) 985-1404