ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.3 on OS/390 2.10 hangs up...

2003-05-09 09:32:39
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.3 on OS/390 2.10 hangs up...
From: John Naylor <john.naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 14:31:55 +0100
Cinda,
I am on TSM 4.2.2 OS390 2.10 have not currently got a hang problem, but when you
do get it, you are  probably  looking at an MVS cancel and restart of TSM to get
it moving again. I have seen this before with unsatisfied tape  resource
requests where operators have given incorrect replies to wtos.
I would look for clues in the os390 syslog and RMF if you have it.
Also the last few entries in the ADSM log before it stopped responding can
sometimes give a clue.
John

Cinda Mullen <cmullen AT ascensionhealth DOT org> on 05/09/2003 01:40:12 PM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>