ADSM-L

exclude.systemobject sysfiles question

2003-05-02 12:46:56
Subject: exclude.systemobject sysfiles question
From: Alan Davenport <Alan.Davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 12:45:54 -0400
Hello all,

        I have a quick question on the behavior of EXCLUDE.SYSTEMOBJECT with
the SYSFILES sub-parameter. It is my understanding that if included in a
DSM.OPT file, just the operating system files like FORMAT.COM, XCOPY.EXE,
etc. will not be backed up on a daily basis. Is this correct? Additionally,
will these files EVER be backed up? i.e., will they never back up at all or
will they still back up if changed, as in a normal incremental backup? What
effect will this have on restores?

        Environment, TSM server 5.1.6.2 on OS390 with client level 5.1.5.15.

    Take care,
         Al

Alan Davenport
Senior Storage Administrator