ADSM-L

Re: TSM Backup & Recovery SLA

2003-05-01 11:39:44
Subject: Re: TSM Backup & Recovery SLA
From: Kent Monthei <Kent.J.Monthei AT GSK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 11:36:27 -0400
Richard, could you please provide a link to that whitepaper?  I'm having
trouble locating it.

-thanks

Kent Monthei
GlaxoSmithKline

"Richard Sims" <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>

01-May-2003 07:35

        To:     ADSM-L

        cc:

>Today we attempted to explain TSM backup/archive policies to a group of
>DFSMS/HSMers and ARCSERVers...and the finer points of TSM backup policies
>didn't exactly come through with the clarity we had hoped---

I suspect you encountered some intellectual resistance as well.
You might have them take a look at salient chapters of the TSM Concepts
redbook and, for more depth, the information on policies in the Admin
Guide.  The whitepaper "Beyond backup toward storage management" gives
a good overall view of TSM's strategy for backups.

  Richard Sims, BU