ADSM-L

BareMetalRestore and windows cluster

2003-04-30 19:27:47
Subject: BareMetalRestore and windows cluster
From: "Levinson, Donald A." <dlevinso AT ACSALASKA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:27:17 -0800
Okay, Veritas has given me the Heave-Ho and said that BMR for TSM when
purchased from a Tivoli VAR is only supported by Tivoli.
IBM responds with BMR who?

so I ask the fine folks on this list:
two problems I am having with BMR
problem 1 - when I uses a TSM client 5.1 or newer on windows, the BMR
restored machine will not accept the passwords for any of the accounts on
the machine, nor is the machine a domain member. TSM 4.2.3 client works
great.

Problem 2 - I am trying to restore a failed member of a Windows 2000
cluster. first off I can only install BMR on the active cluster member, not
the passive member. When I perform the restore on the failed member it dies
because it cannot access the resource disk drive (E:), so to restore I have
to shutdown the whole cluster.

My environment:
TSM and BMR on the same server, AIX 4.3.3, TSM 5.1.1.0, BMR 4.3.2-004
the cluster and the windows 2000 test systems are on the same subnet as the
TSM server.

This transmittal may contain confidential information intended solely for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this transmittal in error; any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly
us immediately by reply or by telephone (collect at 907-564-1000) and ask to
speak with the message sender. In addition, please immediately delete this
message and all attachments. Thank you.