ADSM-L

NTFS Permissions

2003-04-30 13:07:47
Subject: NTFS Permissions
From: "Boireau, Eric (MED)" <eric.boireau AT MED.GE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:07:04 +0200
Hi All,
I have a question and a need quiet complex. For a project we want to backup
server thru the WAN (We already do this for many server) but when we start
backup with an existing server, with a lot data already on disk, there is a
huge volume of data to backed up.
- So we are trying to backup data on a external disk with file copy or using
NT Backup.
- Sending the external to the central site
- Emulate the remote server with a local server on the LAN and make the
"First" full backup.

The issue that I have is; it works if I do not backup NTFS Security. If I
backup NTFS Security the file backup again by the remote server.

Is there a way to backup file without NTFS Permission first on one server
and reconciliate "only" permission after without backuping again the file on
the other.

Salutations / Best Regards
g GE Medical Systems
Eric Boireau Global Systems
Server Architect / Technology & Infrastructure Team

GE Medical Systems S.A
283, rue de la Minière
78533 BUC Cedex France
Tél: (33) 1 30 70 39 32, DC: 8*644 3932
Fax: (33) 1 30 70 39 30, DC: 8*644 3930
mailto:Eric.Boireau AT med.ge DOT com <mailto:Eric.Boireau AT med.ge DOT com>