ADSM-L

Re: ANS1217E message from TDPO

2003-04-29 12:57:06
Subject: Re: ANS1217E message from TDPO
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:50:57 -0400
I have resolved the problems described in my previous posting, and in
the process discovered another problem. API clients use a dsm.sys file
in a different directory from the dsm.sys used by the backup/archive
client. Once I figured this out, I was able to change the 'passwordaccess'
line in the API dsm.sys. I also added a 'nodename' line. Tivoli recommends
using a separate node name for TDP for Oracle. I tried arranging for
this using the TDPO_NODE option in tdpo.opt, but this option never had
any effect on the output from "tdpoconf showenv". Once I got the desired
output from that command, I set about running "tdpoconf password". I was
consistently getting authentication failures. Checking the TSM server
logs revealed that TDP was trying to connect using the node name originally
set up for the backup/archive client. Inserting the TDPO_NODE option again
fixed this. In short "tdpoconf showenv" and "tdpoconf password" use
different algorithms for determining the node name to be used. That
strikes me as conclusive grounds for installing SQL/BackTrack and telling
Tivoli that we will reevaluate TDP for Oracle when and if they get some
grown-ups involved in developing it.