ADSM-L

Re: Using TDP for SQL Server without interactive login to SQL Server

2003-04-29 09:35:30
Subject: Re: Using TDP for SQL Server without interactive login to SQL Server
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:32:59 -0400
yi,

A remote web client does not exist today for DP for SQL.
It is a known requirement. You are correct that
many customers use Terminal Services Client or
other remote access tools like PCAnywhere or VNC
to accomplish exactly what you are talking about.

If remote access tools are not a solution for you
and this is becoming an increasingly important issue,
please submit it to your IBM/Tivoli rep.
As I am sure you are aware, we get new requirements
added to the product each week. We need to prioritize
these based upon highest customer demands.
If we hear about more and more customers needing
the same requirement... it will be pushed up on the
priority list.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Remember that the best job security is
doing a job well and doing it cheerfully.