ADSM-L

Re: When to declare a tape dead

2003-04-29 05:38:34
Subject: Re: When to declare a tape dead
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,GL-CSC" <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:37:55 +0200
HI, we do the same except we move leave the tape in scratch pool after move
data, this 3 times. Then we give the tape back to the vendor.

On about 1200 tapes, we have 1-2 write errors every day. Tapes made by
Imation (ex 3com), not so good!

Yours,

                René LAMBELET
                NESTEC  SA
                Information Technology
                Av. Nestlé 55  CH-1800 Vevey (Switzerland)
                tél +41 (0)21 924 35 43   fax +41 (0)21 703 30 17