ADSM-L

TDP for Oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2 on the same system

2003-04-28 16:43:36
Subject: TDP for Oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2 on the same system
From: Gail Kleiman <gail.kleiman AT DUKE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:27:53 -0400
Is there anyone successfully running TDP for Oracle 8.1.7 and TDP for
Oracle 9.2 on the same AIX system?  If so, would you please paste in a note
what your links  for libobk.a  and libobk64.a  look like, both in the
Oracle libraries and in /usr/lib?

Is it critical that the links be done while the Oracle instance is down or
is it okay to do the link while the Oracle instance is up and recycle it at
a later time?  The documentation says to link while the Oracle instance is
down but the dba did the link while it was up.  Is this okay?

We are running on an  AIX system that is oslevel -r
      5100-03 and we are running with a 32-bit kernel with 64-bit
extensions turned on.
The TDPs for Oracle I have installed are as follows:
      for Oracle 9.2                5.1.5.0 64bit TDP Oracle AIX
      for Oracle 8.1.7        2.2.1.0.32bit TDP Oracle AIX