ADSM-L

Is the BACKUP_START columns reliable?

2003-04-28 09:38:49
Subject: Is the BACKUP_START columns reliable?
From: Andrea Campi <a.campi AT INET DOT IT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:23:09 +0200
Hi all,

I'm handling a Tivoli setup with clients administrered by different
people, so I need to generate and send out miscellaneous reports. One
of these is the "last time a filesystem was backed up successfully".
I am using:

select BACKUP_END from FILESPACES WHERE ...

However, all of a sudden a client noticed his times make no sense at all.
In fact, checking his activities:

 - sumamry table and dsmaccnt.log agree it's backing up succesfully
every night
 - a select with corresponding times (say, from last night at 22:00)
brings up the files I expect it to have backed up.

So basically the backup succeded but the times where not updated (not
even BACKUP_STAT). I also checked whether the times on FILESPACES where
only affected by files in /, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

This is on Sun Solaris with client 4.2.3.1.

Any suggestion?

Bye,
        andrea

--
Andrea Campi                              mailto:a.campi AT inet DOT it
I.NET S.p.A. - BT Ignite                  http://www.inet.it