ADSM-L

Re: Issue with GUI for retreiving file

2003-04-25 14:32:14
Subject: Re: Issue with GUI for retreiving file
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:31:48 -0500
Hi Eric:

This sounds similar to a problem we were having:

archvie file to description TEST
archive another file to same description
use TSM client GUI to retreive files - only first file archived shows
up. (CLI with -pick sess all files)

We opened a problem with IBM and after a while they sugggested that we run
"delete archdescriptions nodename" and "convert archive nodename"

After this process we would see all files, but as soon as we archived
another file to the same description the most recently archived files would
not show up again from the GUI.

We were at 4.2.0 when we experienced this and the clients were 5.1.x.  We
tested at 5.1.6.2 and found that the problem was no longer there (we still
had to tun through the delete archive and convert archive for each affected
node but once that was done all future archives were ok.)

If you are talking to IBM about this, for reference our PMR# is 40846.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg