ADSM-L

Re: Copy frequency will not work...

2003-04-24 12:57:21
Subject: Re: Copy frequency will not work...
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:56:29 -0700
Joni,

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "it doesn't work" ?

The copy frequency indicates the *minimum* number of days that must
transpire before the file is eligible for backup again; it doesn't mean it
*will* be backed up every x number of days (unless the file has changed in
that timeframe).

Some things to check:

- Verify that this node is in the DESKTOP policy domain

- Do a "dsmc query backup f:\mssql\backup\*.bak" to see what management
class the files are bound to.

- After adding the include for SQL_DB, was the client restarted to pick up
the change?

- What does QUERY INCLEXCL show?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
04/24/2003 09:36