ADSM-L

Nfs mounts

2003-04-23 14:25:56
Subject: Nfs mounts
From: Mark Hayden <MHayden AT EPA.STATE.IL DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:24:48 -0500
I have ran into a problem on one of our Unix clients that has been
getting backed up for a year or so with no problems. We have added NFS
mounts from a NetWare San environment to this Unix client. I do not know
much in regard to this, and was not part of this addition. My problem is
that now, when running INC on this Unix client, I get an error trying to
locate the NFS mount. The backup does not run... I have noticed that the
NetWare SAN moves this Mount from one San machine to another depending
on if a machine goes down for one reason or another (reboot,Maint ,ect)
Does anyone have any input on this situation????? Any help would be
grateful.... I have also noticed very slow performance on Restores after
this was done on our NetWare San clients....

Thanks, Mark Hayden
Informations Systems Analyst
E-Mail:  MHayden AT epa.state.il DOT us