ADSM-L

Re: Query to TSM from AIX

2003-04-23 14:23:16
Subject: Re: Query to TSM from AIX
From: Jonathan Kaufman <jkaufman AT FOOTLOCKER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:16:11 -0500
I too have run into problems like this. I decided it wasn't worth my time
to fix it and went the macro route.

edit a file with " select
volume_name,stgpool_name,devclass_name,est_capacity,pct_utilized,status,
from volumes where stgpool_name = 'COPYPOOL' order by pct_utilized"
(without quotes) in it [my_macro]

then you can go with dsmadmc -id=xxxxx -pass=xxxx macro path/to/my_macro

Worth like a charm in Korn Shell scripts, you also can use $VARIABLES in
place of your /path/to/my_macro to make larger scripts easier.

Jonathan Kaufman

Foot Locker Corporate Services, Inc.
E-Mail: jkaufman AT footlocker DOT com

                                               To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                                               cc:
                        Bill Fitzgerald        Subject: Query to TSM from AIX
                        <[email protected]

                        Sent by: "ADSM:
                        Dist Stor
                        Manager"
                        <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                        ST.EDU>

                        04/23/2003
                        12:18 PM
                        Please respond
                        to "ADSM: Dist
                        Stor Manager"

I am trying to write a script that executes dsmadmc and runs a query.

The trouble is that where clause keeps failing.

`dsmadmc -id=xxxxxxxx -pass=xxxxxxxx select
volume_name,stgpool_name,devclass_name,est_capacity,pct_utilized,status,
from volumes where stgpool_name = 'COPYPOOL' order by pct_utilized

I have tried single quote, double quote, and the tic mark and in all three
cases it fails
I have tried using a AIX variable and it still does not work.

Can anyone help me with this?

William Fitzgerald
Software Programmer
Munson Medical Center