ADSM-L

Re: AIX and async I/O

2003-04-23 11:40:44
Subject: Re: AIX and async I/O
From: "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp3965 AT SBC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:40:11 -0500
Andy,

I have not down this tweaking. But I did do it in Oracle asyncio is set to
false for SSA disks, since there were performance issues.

When we used SSA disks for oracle we had very bad performance for commits.
It took very long time to commit data in tables. But when we disabled it was
over in few minutes.

Second AIXDIRECTIO .....What I am guessing is that in SUN UNIX we have this
parameter setting for /etc/vfstab mount options. Where instead of going
through disk buffers the disk data is directly written on to disk for block
special devices. This was already verified by someone on the list already.

Hope the same applies to TSM TOO!!!

I am just talking about only that I know about these parameters in their
respective fields.
I am very eager to know if someone has done in TSM too!!!

I think one has relevance to DB volumes and the other with disk!!!!

Balanand Pinni