ADSM-L

Re: ANR8301E I/O Error on 3494 library

2003-04-23 07:20:22
Subject: Re: ANR8301E I/O Error on 3494 library
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 07:19:55 -0400
>I have a 3494 library with 3590 drives which is partitioned between aix
>server ( TSM Server ) and as/400 server but when I try to do a checkin
>operation this fault shows ANR8301E I/0 error on library bws3494 (
>op=005c6d37, sense=n/a, cc=00000026 )Someone knows what is happening?

What checking have you done in pursuing the problem thus far?  Does the
library respond, from the AIX side, to mtlib commands, and with -qL
options does it show good status for the library?  Is the library in an
online, automated operations state?  Is your lmcpd daemon process running
and functional in AIX to facilitate communication with the library?  The
library communication path is okay?  Any further indications in the AIX
Error Log?

   Richard Sims, BU