ADSM-L

Event status for scheduled command

2003-04-22 21:32:00
Subject: Event status for scheduled command
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:46:24 -0400
The following is taken from Table 26 in the 5.1.5 "UNIX Backup-Archive Clients
Installation and User's Guide":

For scheduled operations where the scheduled action is COMMAND, the return
code will be the return code from the command that was executed. If the return
code is 0, the status of the scheduled operation will be Completed. If the
return code is nonzero, then the status will be Failed.

I executed the command "define clientact nodename act=comm
object=/usr/bin/false" for one of our 5.1.5 client systems. After the command
was carried out a "query event" command reported a status of "Completed"
and a result of 1. What am I missing here? The documentation quoted above
seems to imply that the status should have been "Failed".