ADSM-L

Re: AW: Cristie BMR, PC-Bax

2003-04-22 11:47:34
Subject: Re: AW: Cristie BMR, PC-Bax
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:46:08 +0200

Hi Juraj!
I want to know what configuration settings problem you got. Becuse I talk
to some of our co-workers in Germany and it´s sow like that they send in
some error report to UK, But I already have a solution for them.
So I need to know what kind of problems you got.

And if you going to run our software together with Exchange 5.5/2000 or
Microsoft SQL 2000. Please send me a email.
I got a request from UK where I going to write a documentation how you run
a Bare Metal Restore together with that kind of applications and TSM 5.1.x
and TDP 5.1.x
So if you need information how you do that before the documentation comes
out so send me a email.

Med Vänliga Hälsningar/Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cristie Nordic AB
Box 2
SE-131 06 Nacka
Sweden

Phone : +46-(0)8-718 43 30
Mobil : +46-(0)70-325 15 77
eMail : christian.svensson AT cristie DOT se
MSN : issen007 AT hotmail DOT com

                      Salak Juraj <j.
                      salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>         To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          cc:
                      Dist Stor                Subject:  AW: Cristie BMR, PC-Bax
                      Manager" <ADSM-
                      L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      2003-04-22 16:50
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi!

I could test it with success on a testserver installed
on common PC-Hardware, but some effort was necessary to document one
specific
error I had for the cristie custommmer support.
They were cooperative and delivered a patch and voila - it works fine.

I will test it on IBM 345 and on IBM Thinkpad T30 as well, maybe next week
or so.

My feeleing is it is OK but not so solid yet as TSM client itself,
restore testing is a must (but this anyway the case with backup products).

Also I saw some problems when trying to play around with different
configuration settings - with defaults used
everywhere where possible it was quite OK.

I will use it for tested environments,
which is a combination of certain hardware,
operating system & Servicepack,
applications installed on the top of it,
and version of TSM client.

Used in conclusion with either TSM´s own "backup systemstate"
or with NTBACKUP I have
(1) fair chance of very comfortable restore using pc-bax
and (2) fair security of manual restore by windows install and TSM/NtBackup
restore
where (2) causes almost no additional costs in any terms.

Do not forget, - what it does
is a windows 2000 operating system restore, which is not supported by
microsoft,
so there cannot be a gurantee for succesfull restore even without crashes.

conclusion:
it is a disaster-time-time-saver tool for me, once it works it works like
breeze ;-8)

mfG
Juraj Salak
Austria