ADSM-L

Re: OSX, TSM 5.1.5.0 Not backing up long shortnames

2003-04-21 10:08:27
Subject: Re: OSX, TSM 5.1.5.0 Not backing up long shortnames
From: Craig Sheppard <Craig.Sheppard AT DAL DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:08:05 -0300
I have installed 5.1.5.13, but the problem still remains (even after a
restart).  Is there a procedure I should follow?  Delete prefs, etc?
Thanks!

       Craig

On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 02:33  PM, Gretchen L. Thiele wrote:

You must be at v5.1.5.13, available in the patches directory of the
ftp site.  This was a known problem with v5.1.5.0.

Craig Sheppard wrote:
Hi - Just upgraded to MacOS X Server 10.2.  TSM will not back up
folders whose owners have more than 16 characters in their shortname.
The program just fails (crashes without even generating a crashlog -
just disappears).  Our scheduled backups are the same - the scheduler
just dies, and we get an 'in progress' in the morning report.  The log
shows thew last files that were backed up, then nothing.

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University