ADSM-L

Re: Possible to restore db w/ no library?

2003-04-18 00:17:42
Subject: Re: Possible to restore db w/ no library?
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:17:17 -0500
A quick and dirty solution: attach your single tape drive to your
production TSM system and define it with its own library/device
class/drive/path definitions. Do a database backup.

Now attach this drive to your test TSM server. You should now be able to
use the single drive as a manual library for your restore.

From: Theresa Sarver [mailto:tsarver.IFMC AT SDPS DOT ORG]
> I'm trying to restore one of our Tivolli environents onto a test
system,
> and have hit a wall - that I don't think there is a way around. ???
In
> short, is it possible to restore a Tivoli database with just a drive
and
> NO library?

<major snippage>

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)
Berbee Information Networks