ADSM-L

OS/2 Backup Issue

2003-04-16 14:11:20
Subject: OS/2 Backup Issue
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:10:57 -0500
We have an OS2 Backup Client with TSM 3.7.2.7 Client Backing up to a AIX 4.3.3
TSM 5.1.5 Server and all seems well except that two files that change daily
OS2.INI and OS2SYS.INI Details Below) but are not getting backed up daily.  The
CopyGroup is set to Dynamic, we are saving 180 Versions Exist and Deleted the
initial backup was on 4/1/2003.

Is there something I'm missing? Even if the File is in use shouldn't Dynamic
pick it up?  I've looked at the Include / Exclude and it appears to be ok these
files are in the c:\os2 dir which is not being excluded.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know...

Thank You!!!

TCPSERVERADDRESS xxx.xx.x.xxx
* Identifies Workstation Name to Backup Server
NODENAME ebtest01

* To insure backup of Net ACLs
OS2LANSERVACPSupport All_Local

* Passes password to server
* Password ebtest01
Password ebtest01

* Generates Password for Web Access Don't use Generate and Prompt together.
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
* Requires password for Client access to Backup Server
* PASSWORDACCESS PROMPT

* location of encrypted password file.
PasswordDir             C:\tivoli\Security\

* Location of Logs and number of Days to keep them.
* SCHEDLOGname            C:\tivoli\tsm\client\ba\dsmsched.log
SCHEDLOGname            C:\tivoli\logs\dsmsched.log
SCHEDLOGRetention       30
* ERRORLOGname            C:\tivoli\tsm\client\ba\dsmerror.log
ERRORLOGname            C:\tivoli\logs\dsmerror.log
ERRORLOGRetention       30

SCHEDMODE PROMPTED

* Use only one PreSchedule or one PreNSchedule option
* Specifies a command that processes BEFORE a Backup schedule
* and will wait for command to complete before continuing. Example below
*PreScheduleCmd "C:\StopCVSSRV.cmd"

* Specifies a command that processes BEFORE a Backup schedule
* and will NOT wait for command to complete before continuing. Example below
*PreNScheduleCmd "C:\StopCVSSRV.cmd"

* Use only one PostSchedule or one PostNSchedule option
* Specifies a command that processes AFTER a Backup schedule
* and will wait for command to complete before continuing. Example below
*PostScheduleCmd "C:\Sendemaillog.cmd"

* Specifies a command that processes AFTER a Backup schedule
* and will NOT wait for command to complete before continuing. Example below
*PostNScheduleCmd "C:\Sendemaillog.cmd"

* Will include subdirectories for following Commands:
* Archive, Delete Archive, Incremental, Query Archive, Query Backup, Query
Backupset
* Restore, Restore Backupset, retrieve, selective
SUBDIR  YES

* THE FOLLOWING EXCLUDE PARAMETER WILL PREVENT A BACKUP
PASSWORD
EXCLUDE.BACKUP "C:\netscape\Users\default\Cache\*"
EXCLUDE.FILE "*:\SWAP\SWAPPER.DAT"
EXCLUDE.FILE "*:\chkdsk.*"
DOMAIN "C:"
DOMAIN "D:"
DOMAIN "E:"
DOMAIN "G:"

File Info
4-14-03  9:17a       521,796      0 as-r  OS2.INI
4-14-03  9:18a       307,067      0 as-r  OS2SYS.INI