ADSM-L

Réf. : Re: Enable to define library

2003-04-15 18:14:26
Subject: Réf. : Re: Enable to define library
From: Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT DESJARDINS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:12:47 -0400
Hi

Thanks for responding. It was only a reboot issue. After rebooting the server I
defined the library and all was right again. This makes 2 TSM upgrades to
5.1.6.3 where
there has been a library/tape drive problem. I've got 2 more to go and I'm
getting a little nervous... Atleast this one was more worry than anything else

Guillaume Gilbert
Conseiller - Gestion du stockage
CGI - Gestion intégré des technologies
TEL. : (514) 281-7000 ext 3642
Pager : (514) 957-2615
Email : guillaume.gilbert AT cgi DOT com

"PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp3965 AT SBC DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 2003-04-15
17:07:42

Veuillez répondre à "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Envoyé par :      "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Pour : ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc :
Objet :     Re: Enable to define library

I think mksysb will tell u from AIX point of view that it is working on STK
silo.If it works then w.r.t AIX its ok.Then did u configure w,r,t TSM in
devices for this STK drive ?If yes ,then u can verify that they are on line
.

You need to configure and make it online from TSM point of view .And if u
use adv support for devices u should run respective support s/w before u
define library.ex: in acsls we run rc.acs_ssi and define stk server name
.Run two process run that connect to STK drive.Only then define library will
work,

Hope it gives u clue!!!
Balanand Pinni