ADSM-L

Re: New media and old copy pools

2003-04-15 13:07:57
Subject: Re: New media and old copy pools
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:02:39 -0400
Wanda,

You are correct, of course. Upon further examination it seems my first 'backup
stg primary newcopy', which started on a Fri., ran all weeked and copied
everything. So, I don't need to worry about reclaiming the old copy pool, just
staging the return of all the 3490 tapes.

This has me wondering, though. At some point I want to convert the larger
offsite copy pool as well, but I want to avoid a complete one time backup, it
would take a 'really' long time and there would be contention for the drives.

Any suggestions?

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems