ADSM-L

Re: Limitation of TSM DB Volumes

2003-04-15 07:52:28
Subject: Re: Limitation of TSM DB Volumes
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 07:51:44 -5
On 14 Apr 2003 at 23:30, Paul Ripke wrote:

> It's having 20 dbvols that makes the difference - that's 20 DB I/Os in
> flight...
>
> > Anyway . . .
> >
> > q)  What is the I/O size of the Oracle db?  It uses 4k pages
> > internally.  Is the I/O size issued by TSM 4k??

Arrrrggggg . . .Did I say "Oracle" . . . Boy is it going to be a long
week . . . I meant to say "TSM".  Do you ever get that feeling of
systems kind of all blurrrring together . . .

> I believe, but I haven't checked, TSM does 4k DB I/Os.

Good, what I thought . .

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.