ADSM-L

server free backup configuration

2003-04-14 16:09:37
Subject: server free backup configuration
From: Hegedus György <hegedusgy AT MEGATREND DOT HU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:36:21 +0200
Hi All!

I am new in TSM.
I should implement a server free backup on Windows platform.
We have a FastT500, a 3583 library with Data Router and QLA2340 HBA's. The
LAN free backup works over the SAN, however I can't set up the server free
backup. I can't configure the Data Mover. E.g. when I try to explore the SAN
with the QUERY SAN command, it seems to be hanged.
The server is Windows 2000 Server with SP3. The TSM version is 5.1.5. I use
the newest driver of the HBA. The library is handled by the TSM device
driver and the drives are handled by the windows driver.
Is there any issue regard this problem? Can anybody help me?
(Sorry for my English.)

Thanks in advance,
Gyorgy Hegedus
Megatrend 2000 Rt.