ADSM-L

Re: DB Copy Volume Issues

2003-04-11 09:39:39
Subject: Re: DB Copy Volume Issues
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 06:39:09 -0700
I see no reason why you can't make a copy of the padsm.db.copy6 volume:

   def dbc padsm.db.copy6 padsm.db.prim6a

that should work just fine.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with doing:

   def dbc padsm.db.prim6 padsm.db.prim6a

either, since if prim6 is not available, it will get the data from copy6.

If you delete prim6, then copy6 will become "copy 1" and prim6a will
become "copy 2".

While I do not work on the TSM server, as far as I know, there is no real
hierarchical relationship between db volume copies. They are all equal,
with the "copy 1", "copy 2", "copy 3" designations being for convenience.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
04/11/2003 05:57