ADSM-L

Monthly Full Backups

2003-04-10 15:36:26
Subject: Monthly Full Backups
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:35:56 -0500
to just change the default mgnt class monthly to a mgmt class that has a copy
group with the Copy Mode of  "ABSOLUTE", then have another admin schedule run
and change the mgmt class back to the incremental one.  With that said the
peice that seems to be missing is that don't you have to re-activate the PolSet
for that mgmt class to take affect?  If so this looks like you would have to
write a script to pass the "yes" that the activate pol set cmd requires...
Any thoughts?
Thank You!!!!!

"I also make monthly full backups. I made another management class with a
copymode of ABSOLUTE! Then I made an admin command schedule to make the
absolute management class the default. I scheduled this admin command to run at
the end of the month. Then I just run my normal INCREMENTAL backup schedules.
They now make full backups. After completion I run another admin command
schedule to make the old management class the default. "
Jerry