ADSM-L

Re: tsmservers: q actlog ...

2003-04-09 14:32:12
Subject: Re: tsmservers: q actlog ...
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:31:47 -0500
Here is the response from IBM. TSM commands from CRON are not supported.
Sucks for me, but it has worked for over 2 years... That is until I upgraded
to 5.1.6.2 .

Normally IBM TSM support does not support TSM commands run from cron,
however it is suggested that the following tsm envirnment variables be used
in a script that runs tsm commands from cron:

export DSM_DIR=<PATH_TO_dsm.sys>
export DSM_LOG=<PATH_TO_DSM_LOG>
export DSM_CONFIG=<PATH_TO_dsm.opt>

If the above don't clear the "sessions stay open" problem that you are
seeing, you will have to define a TSM schedule to gather the information
you need to gather everyday.