ADSM-L

URGENT!! library def problem under AIX!

2003-04-09 14:18:16
Subject: URGENT!! library def problem under AIX!
From: Michelle Wiedeman <michelle.wiedeman AT MULTRIX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 20:17:43 +0200
Hi all,

This morning I've changed a broken tapeunit (3570-C1A) in the library
(3575L32) and while I was at it put in an extra 3 drives.
AIX (4.3.2.0) had problems booting, and hung on LED 899.
Solved the problem by attaching the drives one by one on the scsi bus.
Now /dev/smc0 doesnt want to go through cfgmgr smoothly. when unhooking the
cable for a few seconds its being configured anyway. at least according to a
lscfg -Cs scsi.
It says its available. Now adsm (3.1) doesnt want to initilize the library.
I've tried everything. unhooking al drives but 1 (rmt0 or drive1) I've tried
other cabling, terminators and even screwed out the drive and replaced it by
another. 2 AIX guru's have looked at it but they havent got a clue either.

I'm beat, my backups havent been able to migrate, and backups are starting
at 00:00  hour!!!

michelle

Ps: richard, sorry for sending directly to u, but I'm really desperate.