ADSM-L

Re: Database backup strategy?

2003-04-09 11:54:43
Subject: Re: Database backup strategy?
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:54:18 -0500
Another reason to do incrementals is to be able to do a PIT restore up to
the last incremental.

We normally do 1 Full backup a day, and were just doing incrementals to disk
over the weekend (every 4 hours) - mainly to clear the TSM log (we are
running in Roll Forward Mode).

This past weekend we had a TSM server crash and it would not come up
"ANR7837S Internal error DBREC106 detected" - basically the crash corrupted
the log and TSM would not come up.

Thankfully we only lost 2 hours of processing.  Server crashed at 05:17
Sunday morning - last incremental was at 03:00.