ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange 5.1.5

2003-04-09 11:03:17
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange 5.1.5
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:02:57 -0500
From: Del Hoobler [mailto:hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM]
> No... you do not have to have the BA client installed on the
> machine running Data Protection for Exchange. The DP for
> Exchange installation will install the TSM API which it needs
> to communicate with the TSM Server.

Del, that runs contrary to my experience. I have never gotten the TDP
for Exchange client to work properly (Exchange 5.5, TDP/E 2.2) unless
the backup/archive client is installed. (TDP/Exchange will install, but
I've never gotten it to back up anything.)

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)