ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2 Announced

2003-04-09 06:44:10
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2 Announced
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT STAFF.EDNET.NS DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 07:43:45 -0300
Server is much different than client because you need to load kernel
modules. These kernel modules are very picky and I could only get the
modules to work properly with the RedHat 2.4.9-31 kernel that Tivoli
supports with TSM server 5.1.5.x

Like I said earlier I forced loaded the modules on a RedHat 2.4.9-31SMP
kernel and the server locked up hard as soon as Tivoli accessed the tape
library (reproducable).

Now that Tivoli is only supporting RedHat AS, not RedHat 7.1 like
5.1.5.x does, I am not confident that 5.2 will work on RedHat 7.1 . This
is kind of like removing support for Win2000 and only supporting Win2000
Enterprise (or whatever the most expensive version of Win2000 is).

Remco Post wrote:
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:47:00 -0300