ADSM-L

Re: Image/Incremental backup strategy

2003-04-07 22:58:52
Subject: Re: Image/Incremental backup strategy
From: "Martinez, Matt" <matt AT IDEXX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 23:00:24 -0400
        Here is how I do it:
        I run the normal progressives everyday and in parallel do an
snapshot image backup on Saturday Morning. All changes to the filesystem are
stored in the snapshot cache on a volume that does not participate in the
image backup.  To do a restore from the GUI Client. select the image you
want to restore and click on the options button. under what to do for image
restore choose "image plus incremental directories" and files check off the
"delete inactive files from local" which should restore the volume from the
last backup.

Thanks,
Matt Martinez
NT System Admin