ADSM-L

Re: What kind of label?

2003-04-07 13:48:14
Subject: Re: What kind of label?
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:47:48 -0500
The one who didn't know, and for whom I asked, was the rep at our new tape
supplier.  We guessed STANDARD. A carton came today labelled that way, and
TSM thinks hey're just fine.

At 01:32 PM 4/7/2003 -0400, you wrote:
I assume its a standard IBM tape label because I did not have to relabel
the 3590 carts I retasked from MVS to my AIX TSM server.

From: Fred Johanson [mailto:fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU]
> Can anyone tell me quickly what kind of label is written by
> the command
>
>         "label  libv library volume devt=3590 checkin=scr"
>
> for a 3494 library??

(I'm sorry, folks. I can't resist this one.)

A tape label. But seriously... ;o)

The HELP LABEL LIBV is a little vague for 3590 cartridges. I suspect
that since LABELSOURCE isn't an option, the library would scan the
barcode and write a tape label matching the barcode.

Who out there really knows?

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)