ADSM-L

Re: Defining TSM Disk pools on ESS wisdom wanted

2003-04-05 19:24:10
Subject: Re: Defining TSM Disk pools on ESS wisdom wanted
From: "Emil S. Hansen" <esh AT POP3.BIT DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 02:23:44 +0200
On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 08:37:31PM -0500, Seay, Paul wrote:
>> > So, using 24GB volumes is probably the best way to go.  Also, JFS
>> > formatted volumes is the way to go.
>> Why would you prefer JFS volumes? I use raw and find it a bit better since
>> the VM want cache anything.
> Ever tried maxpgahead?  That is why you want JFS.  Causes things to fly.

Yes, but I find that TSMs bufferpool is alot better at managing the
cache than AIXs VM.

If we are talking about storagepools, I don't see the big benefit of
maxpgahead since most data will only be read once and most reads will be
big and sequitial AND will come as fast as the drive(s) can deliver
them.

--
Best Regards
Emil S. Hansen - esh AT pop3.bit DOT dk - ESH14-DK

"Gravity can not be held responsible for people falling in love."
- Albert Einstein