ADSM-L

Re: TSM on Mainframe

2003-04-03 14:09:08
Subject: Re: TSM on Mainframe
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:30:40 -0600
OS-390 MVS 2.10  TSM Server 4.2 soon to be 5.1.6

Every week I see servers of all platforms crash all around me, NEVER has
our mainframe crashed.  I love TSM on the mainframe, of course I just
happen to be a mainframer.  But with TSM on the mainframe you get the best
of both worlds.  Open system clients, mainframe server!

Shannon Bach
Madison Gas & Electric Co.
Operations Analyst - Data Center Services
e-mail sbach AT mge DOT com

                      "LeBlanc, Patricia"
                      <Patricia.Leblanc@LIBERTY        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      MUTUAL.COM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor        Subject:  TSM on
Mainframe
                      Manager"
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      04/03/2003 12:02 PM
                      Please respond to "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor Manager"

Does anyone out there use TSM on a mainframe?

Good?  Bad?  Indifferent??

Thanks!!

pattie