ADSM-L

Off Topic, AIX Mail

2003-04-02 18:28:28
Subject: Off Topic, AIX Mail
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 15:27:27 -0800
Sorry for sending this here but I know there are a lot of AIX folks out
there listening so I thought I'd ask here. The TSM server is mine, along
with the AIX O/S. Been to a few classes to get some knowledge but still
learning to say the least.

By deafult how is mail set up on AIX after an install? Are there any
security configuration changes I should make? The server is only used for
TSM, with so far, nothing but local mail notifications although I might be
implementing something to send notifications outbound at some point.

Thanks,
Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154