ADSM-L

Re: after updating client code 4.2.1.9 --> 5.1.5.9 on NT4, get new full b/u on client?

2003-04-02 10:29:14
Subject: Re: after updating client code 4.2.1.9 --> 5.1.5.9 on NT4, get new full b/u on client?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:28:38 -0700
The AUTOFSRENAME option in the client options file is effective only when
the node setting on the server is AUTOFSRENAME=CLIENT. If you set the
nodes to AUTOFSRENAME=YES, then the renames should have occurred
automatically... and yes, it was a "real" option for 4.2 clients.

See the AUTOFSRENAME description in the UPDATE NODE reference for more
info on what this does, and when; and look up the AUTOFSRENAME option in
the client manual for the same kind of info (I won't bother to repeat it
here).

Check the QUERY FILESPACE F=D for one of these nodes. What does it show
for the last backup dates for the file spaces? If the _OLD file spaces
have a recent date, then at least you know why the full backups occurred
last night. But if you set AUTOFSRENAME=YES on the nodes last month, then
off-hand, I do not know why they wouldn't have been renamed at that time
(if indeed that is the case).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Lisa Cabanas <cabanl AT MODOT DOT NET>
04/02/2003 08:16